What are Investment Funds?
Fund Investment pools together the capitals from individual investors and is managed by professional fund managers.
- Your capital is pooled together with other investor's fund, and invested across different assets with various risk levels.
- All of our investment funds are from reputable fund houses worldwide and are managed by professional fund managers.
- You can pick from diverse fund choices with various risk levels
- You have flexible choices to invest in a lump sum amount with a minimum of HK$20,000 (or equivalent) only, or through Regular Investment Plan with a minimum of HK$1,000 (or equivalent) per month per investment fund.
Why invest in Investment Funds?
- Risk diversification: investment in stocks, bonds, or other securities in different regions or countries.
- Access to different markets/ industries/ asset classes/ currencies: invest in some types of products or areas that are not easily accessible by individual investors.
- Professional management: managed by professional Fund Managers to achieve investor’s objective.
- Flexible investment amount: subscribe the minimums to invest in a portfolio of securities.
Investment Fund Major Category
- Equity Funds
- Fixed Income Funds
- Multi-Asset Funds
- Sector Funds
Share Class Selection
- Currency Choices: AUD, CAD, CHF, CNY, EUR, GBP, HKD, JPY, NZD, SEK & USD (subject to availability)
- Share Class: Accumulation & Dividend Distribution
- Subscription (Lump Sum/ Regular Investment Plan)
- Transfer-in/ Transfer-out
Before investing in Investment Funds, you should know:
- Your risk acceptance level & investment characteristic
- Your investment amount and time horizon
- Volatility of the market
- The nature and the risk of the investment fund
- Read the funds offering documents and other related documents available at our outlets
Around 1,000 funds from around 30 global asset management firms are available. In addition, you may visit our branches, login to Internet Banking or Mobile Banking to manage your portfolio.
Fund Selector function is available under “Fund Info” to help you select the suitable fund. The feature of Fund Selector includes:
- Fund Ranking Table
- Filtering with customized criteria
- Provide Performance, Charts and Analysis details
- Visit our Branches
- Login to Personal Internet Banking
- Login to Mobile Banking
The Bank distributes the fund product for the fund houses and the fund product is a product of the fund houses but not that of the Bank. In respect of an eligible dispute (as defined in the Terms of Reference for the Financial Dispute Resolution Centre in relation to the Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme) arising between the Bank and the customer out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, the Bank is required to enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with the customer; however any dispute over the contractual terms of the fund product should be resolved directly between the fund house and the customer.
Risk Disclosure Statement
This is an investment product and some Investment Fund may involve derivatives or invest in emerging markets. Investment product is not equivalent to, nor should it be treated as a substitute for, time deposit. Investment involves risks. The prices of investment product fluctuate, sometimes dramatically. The price of an investment product may move up or down, and may become valueless. The investment decision is yours but you should not invest in the "Investment Fund" unless the intermediary who sells it to you has explained to you that the product is suitable for you having regard to your financial situation, investment experience and investment objectives. Investors should read the relevant fund's offering documents in detail, including the full text of the risk factors stated therein, before making any investment decision.
The above information is for reference only and does not constitute any investment solicitation, offer, invitation or advice to subscribe any investment product. This webpage has not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission or any regulatory authority in Hong Kong.